Saturday, January 30, 2010

Camillisms...

My dear baby sister has a disease....

it is called open mouth, insert foot disease; otherwise known as talk before thinking disease!

Fortunately, this disease isn't too serious yet. The prognosis is good for a full recovery; however, there are some side effects.

One of those side effects manifested last weekend when we drove to Eastern Washington to our Grandparents house for my Grandpa's 82nd birthday!

Here is a little background info:
  • My Grandma is 77
  • My Grandma is #11 of 13 children
  • My Grandma moved from the Dakotas to Rathdrum, Idaho as a young child
  • My Grandma was raised in a small cabin with no running water or electricity

Flash forward to last weekend:

My Grandma was given a painting of her family cabin and property (I think one of her brother's wives painted it and it was given to her when someone passed away) and she was showing it to Camille. As Camille is looking at it she comments (Rachel paraphased), "Grandma, where is the covered wagon that you all rode in?"

O.M.G.

My Grandma whipped around and said, "Camille, how old do you think I am?"

My poor sister!

I believe she was properly mortified!

In her defense she was thinking of all the bullet points that I listed above and thought that given the circumstances there would be no money for things such as cars, etc and that there was no other way to travel than a covered wagon!

Do you have this disease?

Do you know others that have this disease?

I find it can be quite amusing to watch the situations that individuals who have this disease can get into and how they try to get themselves out of said situations!

No comments: