Sunday, January 04, 2009

I'm Here!

So I've been around...lots of time this last week sitting on the couch watching TV and reading as I've been on New Year holiday since Wednesday afternoon! However, I haven't had good access to internet so no updating my blog for you faithful friends and family!

I will be starting my student teaching tomorrow morning (well, I will if the snow stops falling and we actually have school...there is more snow advisories for Grant County and there is more snow on my car right now too! UGH!!!). I will be spending the next three months at the local high school in the history department. I am coming in at the tail end of the semester so my actual teaching time will be with the next semesters' classes....US History and Civics. I'm excited, nervous, overwhelmed...etc, etc.

Since I won't be in front of a computer all day my internet and blog updating will be very limited for awhile..sorry in advance! I will try to update as much as possible, but I'm not making any promises. In addition to student teaching, I have to attend weekly conference calls with my school, begin working on my thesis project and I said I would work part-time at my regular job as well (at least I think I'm still going to be working there...my BIL hasn't said much about it and I'm not sure how the head boss is going to take this whole thing...internally I'm stressing out about this since I don't really know how it is going to work and how everyone is going to take it!).

How has your New Year's been so far? Mine has been quite boring I have to say and a bit lonely...I never realized that when you live by yourself and don't go into work for quite a few days that there isn't many people to talk to...well, with the exception of my niece Maddy...she came over for a few days to visit!

I'm also stressing about money! I thought I was pass the point of money stressing; however, with the start of student teaching (which you don't get paid for) and with the expectation of money that never came in I am starting to get a bit worried. I was supposed to get a Christmas bonus; however, it didn't happen yet like all people I had the money spent on bills and such! I know I shouldn't stress as God always keeps me provided for...it just makes me have to depend on him that much more!

I think I'm emotional as well because I have been lacking in my prayer life and Bible reading...Sorry Lord! Tomorrow is a new day...although I could use some encouragement to keep at it!

Sorry to be so morose but just wanted to let you all know where I am at! Bless you all!

4 comments:

Nina said...

I am sorry to hear you are stressing about money. It is sooo easy to let it happen (I know firsthand with our family depending on my husband who is in the car business) but remember..."Review the providence of God and trust Him for your daily needs."

BloggessJ said...

It's good to know that I'm not the only one worrying about money right now...Congrats on starting Student teaching!

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

Good luck on your student teaching!

Anonymous said...

Dropping by from sits. Yeah, money is tight for everyone right now. Good luck on your teaching job.