Thursday, August 28, 2008
I've been on cloud nine since I got home tonight.
Upon checking the mail I saw that my test results were back from my Praxis exam I took in July...the test that I was so nervous about. Well, I had the envelope in my hands sitting in the car praying, "please Jesus just let me pass! please Jesus just let me pass!"
So I opened up the envelope with fear and trembling (a bit of an exaggeration!)...and lo and behold there on the paper appeared the magic word.....PASSED!!! Hallelujah!!
The minimum score a person can get and still pass is 157 and what did I get? Oh yeah...157. Minimum, but I still passed!
The reason I say I'm not a flake...is that a lot of this turnover in my brain is about what to do in the future....where to live...how to pay bills....what to do after student teaching...etc, etc. I really haven't said much to anyone about this to anyone, but I just have all these thoughts in my head and it is starting to drive me a bit batty. However, I'm finding out that when I do this then there is generally something that I am missing, because the peace about a decision isn't 100%. Does that make sense? I hope so!
I'm in a place where the decisions I make in the next few months are going to affect me for the next few years, and I just want to make sure I am making the right decisions and that I am staying in the will and plan of God.
ok...I said all that to say, just say a quick prayer for me as I muddle through some decisions.
I'm not sure if he realizes what he's in for here.
Kids giving their supplies to Mrs. Clausen. Mason really, really, really didn't want to pass over those brand new supplies to his teacher. He gave a few to her then came back to sit down and thought he could keep the rest...he thought for sure he was going to get to keep them!
Here he is giving Mom a hug goodbye! What a big boy you are Mason! **Sniff, Sniff**
1. You--be a complete stranger to me!
2. You the stranger place yourself strategically in a dressing room at a local clothing store...better to get into the dressing room before I actually see who you are...that way we are still strangers.
3. When you, again a stranger, hear me and my niece (or daughter for all that matters...you don't really know do you???) talking listen in on the conversation (ok, I admit I do this all the time!!!).
4. While you are listening to the interchange (aka...me asking Brittany a question TWICE because I couldn't hear her MUMBLE her response) PIPE up with what Brittany was saying in that tone of voice that suggests you think I am an idiot!
Yes that is how to piss me off! Doesn't seem like that big of a deal does it? But really, it was...to me!
So I took Brittany pant shopping yesterday because my sister didn't want to deal with it (and now I know why....teenagers!!). We went to Fashion Bug and I finally persuaded her to try on a few shirts. I was standing outside her dressing room asking how a particular shirt fits and I had to ask the question twice because Brittany (like her Mom and Grandpa and Brother) has a tendency to mumble. I didn't hear or understand the answer; however, the lady next to me did!! She piped up, 'She needs a tank top!'
Ok, so I know I'm being petty and a bit exasperating, but....
1. NEVER answer a stranger
2. I was trying to get Brittany to speak in a clear manner that I could understand. She, the teenager, needs to communicate clearly!!!
3. It just really irritated me!
OK, OK I'm off my soap box!
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Look what Grandpa bought (aka...look what Auntie bought for Grandpa because she is his personal assistant!! LOL!!)...a new camera!
He loves this camera...he even took it to daycare/preschool this morning. Last night he thought he was pretty funny taking pictures of butts...especially Brittany's. And then like a typically boy he starting taking pictures of the front of our pants and making comments with weanie in it! At that point you know he has had too much sugar and needs to go to bed!
I'm not quite sure what she was doing in this picture...but we took it again and in the next picture she looked like a bird sticking its head out...attractive!
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
I found the website vanillajoy.com today, as a website I was on directed me her way because she was having some great scrapbooking giveaways going on...and she truly does!!! Right now I'm rooting for the Cricut...a must have I have determined!
This website has other great things on it as well, and is actually a great family fun website to look through! So wait are you waiting for...hop on over and check out what is going on...who knows you might win something too (but then I might claim a finder's fee....especially if you were to win the Cricut...you might see me in your craft room!)
Monday, August 25, 2008
Mason is a funny kid...literally, I think he could be a comedian. He has perfect timing with the things that he says, and yes, I do think that he knows what he is saying and that it is either going to cause us to laugh out loud or cringe and think, "OMG!! I don't know this kid!".
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Here she is again...Elliana Rose (born August 6th)...just checking things out...making sure we are all doing ok!
Auntie Rachel and Elliana...look at how she is looking me! She loves me!
And of course...how can you forget this cutie? Here is Dajia...she of course wasn't interested in the baby while we were there, but was more interested in the fact that there were kids to run around with...Mason and Maddy!!! She did not want to go to sleep the night we were there, she fought it until the last breath she took...long after Mason, Maddy and Aunt Shannon were asleep!
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Check out Today show hosts, Matt and Al, as they attempt to do a rythmic gymnastics routine taught to them by Canadian gymnast Alexandra Orlando! It was quite funny. I didn't realize they did this for every Olympics...I'm not a Today Show watcher as I am usually at work!! So check out Matt and Al for some good times!
Love the outfits too boys!
Sunday, August 17, 2008
This is called the Random Things Meme...and here's how it goes:
Rules of Engagement:
1) Link to the person who tagged you....April tagged me (and I enjoyed reading your answers)
2) Post the rules on your blog (copy and paste 1-6).
3) Write 6 random things about yourself (see below).
4) Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them.
5) Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6) Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Six Random Things About Rachel:1) I have never kissed a boy...that's right!! And I'm 33.
2) My favorite number is 8...I don't believe in lucky numbers, just a favorite number!
3) My nickname in the Reich household (good friends of mine) is actually Random Rachel because I am known for my randomness!
4) The best idea for a vacation includes water...usually an ocean in a tropical location...ok not usually, but always (no cold water locations for me please).
5) I used to go fishing with my Dad and Grandpa as a kid and take an armful of books out on the boat...put my rod in the holder, sit back and read, read, read....then I would catch, catch, and catch more fish...making my Dad and Grandpa IRRITATED!!!
6) I had a monkey eat a peanut out of my hand in Bali, Indonesia when we stopped at a place called the "monkey palace" where dozens of wild monkeys hung out...a total National Geographic type moment.
My six people I'm tagging....
Nina...Cause she usually plays along (no link to her blog as it is private)
Marcie...she is my green blogging friend!
Holly...this is hoping that she will blog at least once more this year (hint, hint) for clarification this is Holly Switzer....I have a few Holly's on my friend's list
Emily...good friend from TAG days and P4SQ....we manage to find each other at church no matter where we go
Heather...she is a new mommy and good friend from P4SQ
Monica...she is my favorite SOCAL scrapbooking friend and needs a good reason to update her blog!
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Sunday, August 10, 2008
I don't usually watch TV on my lunch break, but I will watch during the next few weeks! I love watching Michael Phelps...US swimmer, and I am cheering for Megan Jendrick (nee Quann)...US Women's 100m breaststroke swimmer. Not only is she a local girl from Puyallup/Tacoma...but she is the sister of a good friend Laura Bradford (nee Quann).
Susana and I are in discussion (we do this a lot about our future travels) and we think it might be kind of cool to attend an Olympic event. My first opportunity will be in two years when the winter Olympics are held up in Vancouver, WA. But the 2012 Olympics are being held in London...we would like to possibly be there...along with Greece next summer, Brazil sometime soon (I have a cousin moving there with his wife!), and how many other places we can fit into our schedules...or should I say into our finances.
Enjoy the Olympics!
Wednesday, August 06, 2008
Tuesday, August 05, 2008
Josh and Maddy!
Saturday, August 02, 2008
sister Shannon and I drove to Wenatchee (yes, from Moses Lake...1.5 hours away) because there was no oral surgeon on my dental plan here in ML. The drive was longer than the actual visit! One side was quick...like 30 seconds...the other side not so quick. It required a lot of pulling, prodding, using the drill, etc, etc!!!! He had to stitch that side up it took so much to get it out! Needless to say, I went home yesterday took a vicodin and went to bed!!!
Here are the offenders!!! Why do they come in so late in life and why are they called wisdom teeth? One of those questions you want to ask God when you see him!
Maddy and her free slice of pie from Shari's (they messed her order up the other night!)...sloppy child!