Friday, March 05, 2010

The Safe Sippy

My friend Holly has a daughter, Ellyson, for whom she bought the sippy cup below! It is a stainless steel sippy cup and is quite cute.
However, what made us laugh were the few words of caution and common sense that they for your Friday amusement here they are:

* We shouldn't have to tell you this, but DO NOT MICROWAVE! Metal objects and microwaves don't mix. Bad things happen.
* Please don't use carbonated beverages. Carbonated liquids have lotws of bubbles that may cause the cup to leak. (The ones with sugar can also turn your 2 year old into a screaming banshee.)
* Not recommended for pulphy juices. Pulp can clog your no-spill valve, preventing your child from being able to draw liquid out. Thus, pulpy juices can result in sudden and spontaneous wailing.
* Cold liquids only. Hot liquids may cause burns. (We know we don't need to tell you this, but our lawyers made us do it.)
Did you get a chuckle? I did!

No comments: