Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Life Changes

So, the unthinkable happened today...I was let go from my job. You always go into meetings thinking the worst is going to happen, and then nothing...it is just a normal meeting...blah, blah, blah.

Then you go into a meeting, your heart starts racing, you start praying, "No, this can't be happening.", and then you hear...."I'm sorry the numbers just haven't been adding up....we haven't had any new sales....we might have failed in our training....you just aren't a good fit....it is partly me...blah...blah..blah."

Yep, that's right, for the first time I was actually let go from my job. They never said "FIRED", but more politically said your position has been terminated. The feeling of utter rejection and an overwhelming sense of OMG...what now! How are those bills going to get paid (thank God, Freddie the Ford Explorer got paid off last month), how am I going to find a new job when this one took me 8 months to find, how do I explain this to friends and family without sounding like a failure?

Questions
Questions
Questions

But I guess it comes down to the fact that I serve a greater God, and He has me in the palm of His hand right now and is whispering, "It's going to be ok...I have better things in store for you. I love you and I will never leave you nor forsake you."

And as I am typing those words, I have tears streaming down my face, because I do truly believe it, even in the midst of what seems like disaster!

Sit up straight, chin up and march forward. God's in control...I'm not...He's got something awesome for me.

Please pray!

4 comments:

MKD said...

Oh rachel I'm so sorry to hear about your job. We will be praying for you to find a new job & fast!!! (and one that can be willing to work with you going away in Feb) You know, I just got hired on at Expedia.com....just a thought. I guess from what I understnad they hire monthly? But I'll let you know when I go thru my training. Keep your chin up ok?!! You are right, God is bigger then this & he will provide even when it seems like the impossible :)

Anonymous said...

Rachel, keep encouraged, I know that sounds easy. I was in a similar situation several years ago with a wife and two kids. I was not sure what to do and really had to rely on God's protection and peace. I could not figure out logically why this would happen. Then I got an offer in Seattle and moved my family out there. It has been 7 years and a ton of experiance and covering. This job has done more for me then the one I was at. Now if makes perfect sense, that is why I say stay encouraged! Megan and I are praying for favor in placing you into a perfect fit! Let us know if you need anything. I will keep my eyes open for things with people I know.

Cagle Clan said...

Precious Rachel, I am so sorry. I have been carrying you in thought and prayer since I read this yesterday. It seems like you are doing your best to not lose heart and to trust in your Father. We serve a God who doesn't think like we think, and His ways are not our ways...so sometimes we cannot understand why things go the way they do. But, I know there is already a plan in place for you Rachel...this has just set it in motion. Worship Him, your battles will be won most quickly there, in worship. In the midst of all things, worship Him. The cares of this world will grow strangly dim :). It will also protect your mind from the lies the enemy would just love to attack you with right now. Seek Him first, seek His kingdom and ALL these things shall be taken care of. Lastly, remember to do your part.. BUT He is the one who will do it. Like I said there is already a plan in place, rest in that. Be a "Mary" and just sit at His feet and let Him attend to the details. He will. I look forward to watching Him work this out for you like only He can. Thank you for sharing your thoughts so honestly and beautifully, you are a precious woman of God. You bless me.
Love, Jess

blessed girl said...

Rachel,
Sorry to hear about your job. When Toby was laid off a few years ago, it was the beginning of great things for us. We just had to trust Him with leading him to the right job and He did!

I will pray!