Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Merry Christmas!



As I sit and think about the holiday season and Christmas day that is just around the corner, I realize how blessed I am to be celebrating such a holiday. Not only do I get to choose how I spend my Christmas, and why I celebrate Christmas...but I get to celebrate without being in the midst of civil wars, bombings and other terrorist activities that are happening around the world.

This past year has been great! Yes, I have had a lot of changes, and a lot of depending on God for things that I didn't have a clue about. But since I serve a great God, I was never failed.

I started my second year as the administrator for Puyallup Foursquare's Masters Commission program. For me this has been an awesome opportunity, as I have seen God working in my life just as much as the student's lives. He has been restoring the broken cords of leadership and relationships that have had a decade or so to unravel. It is amazing what God can do when you are willing to go where He leads. I had the opportunity to travel with our MC group to Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia for two weeks last February. What an exciting, eye-opening opportunity.

I moved again (what else is new people are saying)....I am staying with a wonderful couple right now--Charlie and Barb Goodman. Thank You for opening your home and taking me in as another daughter!

Probably the biggest shift for me this year, was a new job. I had been working for my family for the last few years, which was a very laid back job (the couch and taking naps with Mason was my favorite part of the day); however, they moved to California (who I miss tremendously...especially my bad bad Mexican...Maddy)this summer and I had to find a new job. That was one of those leaning on God trust factors...I started at Renewal Construction, in Puyallup on August 1st. It is a great job, and I actually like going to work. However, I am not used to not taking naps during the day, and being able to do what I want and when I want....but I guess that is part of being an adult. RIGHT?



The next year looks to be a wonderful year as well, as I am working my way out of debt and God is seeing to all my provisions. I am heading back to SE Asia again in February...where we expect to see awesome works of God. God blessed me financially to even go on the trip ($950 donated anonymously! Only need $325 more...WOW!), and my boss let me have 2.5 weeks off work to go as well. This next year is going to be spent getting myself on my feet financially so that I can better use my finaces to further the kingdom of God.

I pray blessings for each and everyone of you and your families. I pray that you will see through all the hoopla of Christmas, to why we really celebrate. And then have fun (everyone loves getting presents!). I also pray traveling mercies on all you as you travel to see families and friends.

Blessings,
Rachel Ann

4 comments:

blessed girl said...

Merry Christmas, Rachel!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Rachel! You look so amazing! Hope to see you this summer if you're going to be in Washington State!

Sabrina said...

Merry Christmas my friend. I will tell my family hello from you!

Cagle Clan said...

Merry Christmas Rachel, loved the picture!
Jess