Friday, June 16, 2006

MC Graduation Breakfast

I have to say that some of my favorite people are our MC students from this year. I truly love working with this program and these students. We love to honor our students with a Graduation Breakfast, and we like to do it in style.
So on Monday the 12th, we took them up to Salish Lodge at Snoqualmie Falls for the famous Salish Breakfast. It was marvelous. It is like a five course breakfast, all plated and served to us in style. The staff at the Salish are great...we love going up there every year.




Chipo is one of my favs as we were able to get to know one another before MC ever started last year. Last summer we were housemates taking care of an older gentleman Tom.
We spent many nights together watching tv and just talking and laughing. I love her to death. If you think about it, please pray for her. She is still working with INS in order to stay in the states. Did I forget to tell you, she is from Zimbabwe!





We also take with us any of our council members that are able to steal away from work for the day! Sshhhh....don't tell anyone, but quite a few took the day off (not naming any names...fawcetts...west...).
This is Terry Fawcett, who we all affectionately call Momma T. Not only are her and her husband Mike council members, but they have also opened there home to students for the last three years. I know that they are great listeners and prayers, but I think most people want to stay there because Momma T knows how to cook!


Some of our students are just plain weird! But then again, so am I. Maybe that's why I fit in so well. This is Branden, one of our second year students posing with flowers in his ear.


Remember, I said that it was a five course plated breakfast? This is some of our natives chomping at the bit for their food. On the left is Harry Partl, a first year graduate who has a great heart for technical ministry (makes all of us look and sound great on stage) and Alfredo Harrison Baker Llapitan (I had to write it all out, because I messed it up at graduation...sorry), also known as Harrison, on the right who is a second year graduate.



I don't really know what to tell you about these two! The are reading a watch manual to one another in French...a tad weird? Yes, I agree!



We also celebrated two birthdays while we were there. One was Shannon's, and the other was Josh Bradford's 19th birthday. Both birthdays were actually on the 13th. Happy Birthday Josh! Josh is coming back to MC next year as a second year student focusing on Thrive, our junior high ministry. He is awesome with young kids!


And last but not least, Johnny and Chipo outside the Lodge near the Falls! Love you both!

No comments: