Monday, January 16, 2006

Over the Hills and through the Woods....

to Grandma's house I go! Yes, I got to go visit my Grandpa Shorty and Grandma Pat (Maternal Grandparents) in Spokane, WA. It was a very, very short visit, but it was so good to see them. I left on Friday morning and flew over on an express flight, one of those planes that has room for about 15 people.

I got the opportunity to visit with my Aunt Colleen, Cousin Kendra and her two cuties Kennedy and Dawson. I also got to talk with April...sorry that I didn't get to visit you...next time!!!

From Spokane, we headed to LaCrosse where my grandparents live. I really did nothing this weekend but eat Grandma's cooking and watch football with Grandpa (Yeah Seahawks). I had to leave on Sunday afternoon, so we left their house about 1:30 pm so that I could get to the airport by 3:30pm.

All in all it was a great visit. The only downer is that my Grandpa has been sick, and he wasn't feeling well this weekend either. It is hard to see your Grandparents get old and sick and know that they won't be with you forever. This is especially hard for me to grasp as I have not yet lost a grandparent. If you think about it, please send up a prayer for my Grandfather (Shorty) as he goes through another round of chemotherapy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachel, it is always fun to hang with the grandparents. I have lived at least 2000 miles from my grandparents (both sides) for 95% of my life. The times I am with them is a treasure.

Megan and I will keep your grandpa in out prayers!