Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Bahamas!



So yeah, I leave in three days for the Bahamas on a Disney Cruise! I'm so excited. Even though I travel a lot, it has been almost two years since my last vacation with my best friend Susana. Gosh I miss her!!!! Not only do I get to see her, but I get to see her whole family which I love as well. I leave Saturday night at 11:30pm...catchin' the red eye...and get to Orlando at 11:30 am (dang those layovers)! Then we set sail on Sunday afternoon for a four day Bahamian Cruise onboard the Disney Wonder.

A few of us are talking about snorkeling while at Castaway Cay...Disney's private island in the Bahamas. I've never snorkeled before, but I love the water so it should be fun. We also get to spend a day in Nassau.

Well, if I don't check in before I go...I will be home on the 13th (late that night). So happy July...enjoy all the sun we've been getting. I hope everyone had a great fourth of July! I was going to out to the Lake, but changed my mind and just stayed home. We saw some fireworks from the house. We barbequed steaks, addressed wedding invitations for my friend Holly and played cards...a nice relaxing night at home.

1 comment:

Cagle Clan said...

I went snorkeling while at Castaway Cay!!! It was fun! We were there in October though and the water was a little choppy...I swam WAY out and then on the way back I got seasick from swimming in the choppy waves!!! Can you believe it!? If you are prone to sea sickness at all I would buy some Non-Drowsy Dramamine and take it with you. They didn't have any non-drowsy on the ship, I pretty much lost my first day on the ship being sick! But, it was October and there were 10 feet high swells! Hello! :)
It was truly a vacation of a lifetime though, I would do it again in a heartbeat!!!! Enjoy every minute! Do everything, see EVERYTHING! My best advice is don't miss a single Disney show in the big theatre every night...it is SO fun and magical!!!! They have some VERY talented people aboard.
I can't wait to hear ALL about your trip!!!!! I'm SO excited for you.