Friday, October 21, 2005

Please Pray

The following is an email I received from my friend in Georgia:

Hi Rachel, I will probably call you tonight, but in case I miss you...please pray for Ben Durden. He has been in China teaching at Sias University for the past few months and has recently become seriously ill. He was hospitalized Sunday night and doctors discovered an irregular heartbeat. He is still in ICU in China. Dr. Durden is flying out tomorrow morning to be with him. If they can stabilize Ben's heartbeat, Dr. Durden will probably bring him home. The Durdens are getting conflicting information on Ben's condition and the final word they received was that he needed a family member present. Please pray for Ben's recovery, Dr. Durden's trip and for the family here who are very anxious to have Ben home. Thanks! Susana

Ben and I graduated from the same university, Beacon University in Columbus, GA. Ben's dad, Dr. John Durden, was one of my professors and my academic advisor. Thank you so much for lifting this young man up in prayer. I will keep you posted as to his status. Blessings!

1 comment:

Potts Family 5 said...

Rachel - have you heard anything? I'm praying for your friend.
Holly