Sunday, October 30, 2005

This or That!?!

Do you ever get to the point in life where you wonder if you are doing the right thing, are living in the right area, are working for the right company? I know many of us have these thoughts; however, I have to say that as a single gal those thoughts come to the forefront more and more. Without a family to ground me to this area, I constantly think about moving to the next place and seeing what is around the corner. Kind of like a kid shaking the presents at Christmas, or hiding from a friend and peeking around the corner to see if they are close.

To be quite honest, it is hard sometimes to listen to God and obey. I had the choice this summer whether to move to California with my sister and her family or stay in Puyallup. After praying and considering the committments I have here, I decided to stay. I know beyone a shadow of doubt that God called me here for a purpose, but sometimes it is hard to define what that purpose is. I know the broad picture of what I want to do with ministry; however, it is the fine points of how to actually travel the road.

So, as I contemplate the next several months...I will be seeking God and asking Him where He wants me to go next. I have the opportunity to move to California with one sister, my other sister is moving to Georgia where my best friend lives, and my best friend is contemplating moving to North Carolina. My personal evaluation time is during the summer, as I have committed to never leaving my church during the middle of a Masters Commission year.

Being single does has it's advantages as I am able to pack up and move at a moments notice; however, I am still waiting for the day that God decides to bring my husband into my life. I know that 31 isn't old, but sometimes it feels as if I have been waiting for ever. Me and God have been talking about this; however, I am not winning any of our conversations of late. He is saying be patient, and I am saying I have been patient long enough. But God knows....and when he does walk through the door of my life...excitement will be a major understatement.

2 comments:

MKD said...

I totally know how you feel RAchel! It was great to hear from you! I guess you found my blog...random as it can be at times. Its funny I read your e-mail & I was already thinking about you. I would love to get to know you better too. If you ever want to go do something (within your busy schedule) let me know! I'll hopefully see you at the Bash tonight! I'll be helping with the inflatables crew. :)

blessed girl said...

Rachel,
Hang in there. He does give you the desires of your heart when you delight in Him...which you are doing...so it is just a matter of time, ain't so?
--April