Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Hmmmm...what's up doc?

So, I thought I should make my blogging (and real) friends happy (here you go Marcie) and do a post update about my life. I am doing this today, as the fair season (for me) starts tomorrow, and I am going to be working insanely long hours and many many days. The Evergreen State Fair starts in Monroe tomorrow, and throughout it's 10 day duration I am working 80+ hours, plus still working a few events for the event planning company I work for. And...I am not even working on August 31st and September 1st as I am helping my friend Holly with her wedding that is on the 1st.

Then I am off to the Ellensburg Rodeo on Labor Day...working of course, but still having fun. KMPS is sending a "FUN" bus over to the rodeo and I am the staff person that day. So I get a free ride to the rodeo, tickets into the rodeo and lunch...all for sitting on the bus and playing trivia with our DJ and bus riders! Sometimes I love my job!!!

Then the Puyallup Fair starts on September 8th! I thought I'd take it easy this year, but no...got roped into helping at the cow barns for the actual fair on top of working for KMPS. So I am generally going to be there every day open to close! Lots of hours...some money! :)

I went to the PBR (Professional Bull Riding for those who aren't a part of the PBR world) last Friday. It was held at the Puyallup Fair...it was good, not as exciting as some of the other circuits. I did get to sit and have my picture taken with Adriano Moraes who just happens to be one of the greatest bull riders ever, and Brazilian hottie to boot!

I went to a Bacholorette party on Saturday for my friend Holly. We went to the Cheesecake Factory....OMG...that place is great. It was my first time there and the food and cheesecake was fantastic. Oh...the peach bellini? Wonderful!!!! We went to Holly's cousins condo for a slumber party afterwards...had some laughs...more drinks...even more laughs...some red face embarrassment when presents were open...and generally just a lot of fun!

The last couple of days have been the best as my niece Maddy was here in Washington with her Daddy to pick up his oldest daughter and visit his son. It was so GOOD to see Maddy after so long. I hadn't seen her since February! She is my best bud...when my sister and family lived here, Maddy and I did everything together! So on Sunday I had lunch my sister Camille, Brother-in-law Ernie, nieces and nephew Josh. Then Maddy came home with me, and on Monday I took her and our cousin Zach to Chuck E Cheese! Then yesterday we hung out together, saw a movie and just cuddled as we knew she was leaving soon! It is so hard to say goodbye....but I am planning on moving there, as well as visiting at Christmas time so the days will go by quick. At least I hope they do!!! Sorry I don't have any pictures to put up...I have them, but I don't have cables or a docking port for the camera I use...so I generally have to go to Walmart and put my pictures onto disc...but haven't had much time for that, so no pictures for awhile!

So, in a long nut shell, that is what I have planned and what I have been up to. I'm sorry that you probably won't get much out of my the next few weeks as I am working so much, but I will try to pop in and say HI!

Oh, one last thing....MY BIRTHDAY IS COMING SOON!!!!! I will be 32 on September 16th! I love birthdays...even though mine isn't always celebrated like I would like (as my family is bad about getting excited for birthdays) I think it is a great to be celebrated! Whoo--hooo!!!


PS...anyone else having problems uploading pictures to their blog? I do it 4-5 times and the picture never comes up...frustrating!!!

1 comment:

MKD said...

You & James share the same Birthday! He'll be 30 this year. It is something to celebrate & now I have 2 people who share one special day--double special! I hear you about your family not getting excited for birthdays, mine is the same way. And always has been. See you Soon hopefully in between your fair jobs!