Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Mission's Trip

I am so excited! Last year our MC students went to Singapore, Malayasia and Indonesia for two weeks on our annual missions trip. I had the opportunity to go with the group as a leader and the keeper of records (passports, itineries, etc), and it was the best experience that I have had in a long time.

We are going back to Singapore, Malayasia and Bali, Indonesia, this coming February. I have been worried that I wouldn't be able to go this year, since I have a new job, and the trip is for two and a half weeks (which is a lot of unpaid time off work); however, I put into God's hands and decided if he wanted me to go then I would be there. This last Friday, my boss said that I probably wouldn't be able to go since he would be out of the office for most of February (along with our receptionist who is going to Jamaica on a mission's trip the last week of February).

HOWEVER! My boss and I were meeting this morning going over our office schedule for the next few months, and come to find out he gets back in town the day I would leave and doesn't leave again until the day I would get back. So, I asked him if he thought I could go....he said YES!! I am so excited. Now, I am believing that God will supply me with approximately $1000 to finish paying for my trip. If anyone would like to donate, I'd be happy to accept!

But I really wanted to just let people know that when you trust in God, He will see you through. And He will put you where you are needed...meaning that there is some reason for me to be in Asia in February. So no focusing on the money I'm losing by not working, and the money put into the trip...God has it covered!!!!

1 comment:

MKD said...

Praise God Rachel!!! That is so awesome about getting the time off from work!!! You are right about how God will work out all those pesky details like Money. You know, I might know someone who has some xtra money to bless you with to go. We'll talk! :)