Wednesday, November 23, 2005

I am Thankful For.....


all the blessings God has bestowed on my life over the year's, the months, and even just the last few days. I am so excited to serve a God that answers prayers. I received a phone call today from my church saying that someone anonymously donated $950 to my mission's trip that I am taking in February. I have always heard stories of how God gives large sums of money to people; however, I never really thought it could happen to me. But I prayed for a certain amount to cover my trip, and I am only $325 away....my faith level went up a few notches today, and I truly believe God blesses those who trust in Him.

I am also thankful for my family. Next to God, family is the most important thing in my life. Unfortunately, I won't be spending the holidays with family this year, but I do think of them constantly and wish that we could all be together; however, I know that we will be together again someday. I am fortunate that I have many friends whom I consider family, and will be spending the day with a great family!

Please spend a few minutes contemplating all that God has given you this last year, and all the things you have to be thankful for. It isn't a hard task; however, so people have to think hard about what they are grateful for, and that is a sad thought. Why do we always wait until Thanksgiving to think about what we are thankful for? Why not think about it tonight? Why not think about every day?!! Be thankful all year long!

As a closing note, I am extremely grateful for humor and the gift of laughter that God has given me. And for those that know me well, you will say that my laugh is loud, obnoxious and hard to forget. So to keep you laughing, copy and paste the following link for a great Turkey Survival Song:

http://www.americangreetings.com/display.pd?bfrom=1&prodnum=3081495&path=25200&va=1

Enjoy...and don't eat too much Turkey.

Blessings to each and everyone of you. And if someone happens on my blog who doesn't believe in God and blessings, then I pray a double portion of blessing on you and your family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachel, you are famous! Email me at jason@828central.com, I can then put you in the contact book. Megan is megan@828central.com.