Sunday, November 20, 2005

MC Intensive




We took our MC students to Island Lake in Poulsbo, WA this Friday and Saturday for what we call an intensive. We have four throughout the year, and this first one is our Spiritual Intensive. The word intensive is intentional as it is an intense 24 hours. We have sessions all day long on various aspects of Christianity. These sessions include: Devotional Life (The Bible), The Holy Spirit, The Cross, The Old Man, The New Man, Hero of Heroes, Deliverance, Call of God, and more.

Almost all the sessions have a practical application as well. For The Cross, we watched The Passion of the Christ...wow. I forget how much that movie gets to me until I sit down and watch it again. The scene where Mary, Jesus' Mother, flashes back to when she ran to Jesus when he fell as a child and then does run to him when he is carrying his cross...I'm not even a mother yet and it gets me. I think one thing that I saw this time that I didn't see last time was when Jesus died and then you see the view from above and the one raindrop that falls, I think was the one tear that God let fall before His Righteous anger fell on the world and on the enemy. Intense.

The students would probably tell you that the intense thing for them was when they got the opportunity to be baptized. The reason it was intense? It was done at 2am, outside in the cold in a LAKE! Sometimes your theology and logical thinking goes out the window when you are freezing cold in the middle of the morning!

All in all, it was a great weekend, and to be a part of something where I get to watch lives transform right before me is amazing. I thank God continuously that He allows me to be a leader of a program that changes lives, and yet the focus is always on Him and how much He does for us. Broken hearts begun to heal this weekend, Love for others begun in their hearts.

Amazing! I love Masters Commission and all that God is doing in our program.

No comments: