Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Birthday!

Happy 24th Birthday to my baby sister Camille Rose! Her special day this year falls on Easter Sunday. I just want to wish her a Happy Birthday and pray God's blessing over for the next year.

I remember the day that she was born, I was seven years old and my other sister Shannon was six. We spent the day at the hospital waiting in this room (instead of going to school), and we were totally bored. We didn't have adults in the room with us all the time...so we sat and twiddled our thumbs. Occassionally, one of my Mom's girlfriends would come in and see if we were doing ok and see if we needed to eat or such. Finally, my Dad came in to tell us we had a new sister and that we could take a quick peak at her as they wheeled her past our little room. We anxiously went out to see what all the fuss was about, and immediately I thought, "Now why would Mom and Dad want to keep something that was so bloody, red and ugly?" I wasn't a very nice big sister, was I? However, over the years she has grown into a very beautiful young lady, and I am glad that she is my sister.


My best story about my sister though is how she became known in our family as the "Gypsy Princess". Growing up I constantly told my sister that she was adopted from the gypsies and that her parents didn't want her, and so my parents bought her for a penny. I told this story to her over and over and over....and my other sister helped foster this notion of adoption. She would cry and cry because she was bought for a penny, and then we would get in trouble for telling her such stories. As we grew up, the stories came farther and farther apart. However, at family events and such I would always tell the younger kids to go up to Camille and say, "Hi Gypsy Princess!" She would then come storming over looking ready to kill. Needless to say, everyone knows her as the Gypsy Princess. The funny thing though is that I am truly adopted and my heritage is actually one that would support a Gypsy background (I am Slovakian). However, my sister never truly say the humor in it, yet she is nice enough to answer to Gypsy Princess to this day!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GYPSY PRINCESS!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!

No comments: