Friday, April 07, 2006

I won money!!!!!


So 102.9 FM, Q Country (go here to check out their website http://www.qcountry1029.com), out of the Olympia area is doing a song of the day contest right now. Sometime during the day they will play a certain song, and whoever is the 102nd caller wins $500!

And guess who won today? ME!!!! Rachel Ann McAskill won $500 dinero this afternoon. You don't know how excited I was when the guy answered the phone.

So I knew the song was going to play sometime in the 2 o'clock hour, so I got in my car at 2pm to run errands. I headed up to the South Hill Library and got there at 2:15pm. I hadn't heard the song yet, so I decided I would sit and listen until 2:30. Well....at 2:28pm the song came on and I started dialing (by the way, most of the radio stations are on my cell phone pre-dial)...it started ringing, the guy said caller number 58! Schucks....so I dialed a few more times, decided to get out and continue dialing while I went inside the library. I headed into the library and towards the restroom...I really had to go! So as I am still dialing while walking into the restroom (yes, I know, I know) I head into a stall and start unbuttoning; however, the phone actually starts ringing so I button back up and head right out the bathroom door. It was ringing and ringing and ringing...to the point that I almost hung up...but no, I've learned to hang on until someone comes on and tells you that they've already gotten a winner. So this guys comes on asks me my name, what town I'm from and how old I am, and I'm thinking you better not be chatting just to chat but to tell me I won. And WHOO--HOO!!!!!! YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!! I WON $500!

I had to drive into Seattle today to sign the paperwork, and then the check will be mailed to me sometime in the next month. And check this out....most radio stations have a "win once every 30 days" deal; however, this station doesn't sooooo....I can try to win again and again....which is especially great news since the contest just started yesterday and is running for 3 more weeks.

Now I wonder if I can get through again????!!!!????........

4 comments:

MKD said...

You TOTALLY ROCK!!! Miss Rachel Ann!!!!! Congrats! What a blessing! Well, a blessing hidden behind country music. (BTW-what song was it? I bet its your favorite song now!)

Rachel Ann said...

Independence Day by Martina McBride! It may be my top song for the moment. Totally a blessing. Do you think God hears you when you are dialing into contests going, "Please Lord, Please Lord let it be me"?

Douglas Easterly said...

Congrats! :) That is great way to make your day! I've always wondered what it would feel like to actually get a phone ringing rather than just a dial tone on those radio contests... that's great!
Carol

blessed girl said...

Awesome Rachel. You could really use that about now, I bet! So excited for you.