Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Life Continues

Just thought I'd pop in and give an update on life. Well, not much has changed! Done, finished, complete....

....I won't make this entry that short!

Really, I have been substitute teaching pretty much full time for the last five weeks in the Sumner School District. Mostly in the highschools. I love it! I have been wavering for the last few years about going back to school and getting my teaching degree or not...now I really feel like I should and that I want to. The reason I am able to sub right now, is that I hold a WA State Emergency Certificate, meaning that I hold a Bachelor's Degree, but not a teaching degree. So I just need to go back for one (maybe two) year and get my teaching certificate, which also gets me a Masters Degree. That way I can have a real teaching job. The hard part of going back to school is the cost; however, I am a woman who operates on faith and the fact that I know my God provides for me when I am doing His well.

I have crossed one hurdle with going back, and that is my basic skills test. Every state makes prospective teachers take them. They test you on the basics on reading, writing and arithmetic. I took the California Basic Skills Test in April, and just received my unofficial scores yesterday....and.....I PASSED! Which is great news, so that when I move to Cali, I can substitute teach for a while. It was a little nerve wracking to be up at 6am to take a test, be falling asleep while taking the test and still pass! Thank you Jesus that it is over. And if I chose to stay in WA, I can use those test scores for schools here.

The hardest thing I am dealing with right now is what to do this summer. As you know, school is almost over for the year, which means so is my teaching. I need to get through the summer financially, and I'm not quite sure what I am going to do. Anyone know of any part time, temporary work out there? Anyone hiring? :)

I have also decided to stay in WA at least one more year, as was my original plan. I have been talking with some great Christian mentors and they said if God originally said to stay in WA two years, then I better finish up my two years here. And I totally agree. It just comes to that point in life sometimes, where you thought you heard God speak and then circumstances make me think that I was wrong. However, throughout all of what I thought were the wrong circumstances God was still providing and showing me direction. It just gets frustrating at times when you don't think you are doing the right thing, or things don't seem to ever work out the right way! Then on top of that I get the guilty feelings. Ever have those? Guilty because I feel I should be further along in life at 31; guilty because I don't have a full time job with health benefits and all those options; guilty because I can't afford my own place; guilty because I think I seem like a failure in some peoples eyes.

However, I am not guilty! God has given me freedom to do the things He wants me to do an be where He wants me to be! With God in control everything works out wonderfully.

Thanks for listening (or should I say reading)! PS. I leave 2 months from today for a cruise to the Bahamas! Yeah for sun!! Yeah for vacation and seeing old friends (Susana I can't wait to see you even for just a few days). Yeah!

No comments: