Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Shock and Dismay


Did you watch American Idol tonight? Did you see the upset?

OMG....I can't believe what happened, I have totally lost faith in the American Population! Unbelievably Chris Daughtry was kicked off American Idol tonight...over Katharine McPhee. Seriously people, she forgot the words last night, and didn't even sound good. Chris did an awesome rendition of "Suspicious Minds"...WOW!!!!! The look on his face tonight was absolute shock...I would go as far as saying that he was royally pissed. Couldn't Ryan have given the news a little more graciously?

I'm sad that Chris has left, and I will never watch again if Katharine ends up winning. I'm hoping it comes down to Taylor and Elliott, then I'll be voting for Taylor. On other note, what is it that the judges see in Elliott that I don't see? I don't think he is the greatest vocalist, yet every week the judges fawn over him like he is the newest ice cream flavor at Baskin and Robbins! Good thing I'm not a judge.

2 comments:

Cagle Clan said...

Last night was SHOCKING to say the least...I think everyone thought that Chris would win...crazy. I think a lot of people didn't bother voting for him because they thought everyone was voting for him. I really like him and think he had the total package, I am VERY surprised. But, I must admit, I didn't bother voting for him for the reason I mentioned above.
OK, in Kat's defense, from a singer's standpoint she is vocally the most tlaented and skilled...bottom line...she can do things with her voice and control her instrument like nobody's business. Even Tommy Mottola who is one of the biggest producers of our time seemed blown away by her abilty. BUT, that doesn't mean everyone will like her or the sound of her voice. That doesn't mean she has the total package, it doesn't mean she can connect with an audience and it doesn't make her a star. It takes a lot more than vocal ablity to be a star. The average listener is not blown away by sheer vocal abilty and skill. But, I just have to give her props for her vocal ability...it is AMAZING. Paris was another one who's vocal abilty was unreal...but a lot of people just didn't care for the sound of her voice...but the things that girl could do!!! Hello! :) That's just my 2 cents!

Sabrina said...

I was pretty shocked as well. BUT, I have always banked and wanted Katherine to win, so I am not too disappointed. I just thought Chris would always be runner-up. Good thing there is life beyond American Idol! :)