Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Madalyne

I talk to my sister Shannon in California alot, at least once a week if not more (on top of text messages and text pictures). The one person I love talking to is my niece Madalyne. Before they moved away, we were inseparable best buddies. I lived with them for awhile, and I nannied for them for awhile...so Maddy was always with me. I would take her to church, the store, out to dinner...she is simply fun to be with.

The last few months, Maddy has been begging me to come down and get her so she could live with me. Everytime, I tell her that her mom and dad wouldn't be happy with me and also that I couldn't come down right now.

So then she started telling me to "just tell my mom and dad you are coming for a visit, and then steal me away. They won't know!" So now my 7 year old niece is an advocate for kidnapping :). I like the fact that she doesn't think that her parents won't realize she is gone.

Then yesterday, she comes out with the same old stuff about sneaking down and taking her, but then adds that she wants me to be her stepmom...."even though you're still my aunt!" If I didn't know my sister better I would think something terrible is going on down there. However, since I do know my overdramatic Drama Queen niece, I realize that she just simply misses me as much as I miss her!

I wish I could visit soon; however, with my finances being kinda crappy right now a visit is out of the picture. Doesn't she break your heartstrings?

No comments: