Thursday, May 15, 2008

Going Green

I'm not a green person. I don't profess to be, and honestly, I'm lousing at it! However, since I have green friends who are EXCELLENT at being Earth friendly (aka...Marcie!!!) I am starting to learn easy ways of being green and just soaking in the information that comes my way via Marcie's blog.

Tonight I went to Safeway to buy just a few groceries, and walked by the Safeway organic green grocery bags that you re-use each time you go shopping. I thought to myself, "Hmmm...I should really buy one of those and quite getting tons of plastic bags." Well, I got to the check out and had forgotten to get one, and so I was just going to blow it off until next time; however, the checker must have noticed that I was "missing" something and asked me if I needed anything else. I told her that I needed one of the re-usable bags, and away she went to get me one.

So this girl is starting small! But at least I'm trying. What are you doing to make our Earth a better place to live?

1 comment:

MKD said...

GASP! Rach I'm SO PROUD of you!!! Those cloth bags you will find are AWESOME and can hold more then the smaller plastic bags. Let me know how it goes!! You ROCK!```