Monday, May 19, 2008

TV Show Reminiscing

OK!

I thought I might be going crazy...but thankfully I'm not!!! LOL!

Stephen Kilbreath from KMPS was talking about the TV show Boomerang the other day on air and I was surprised but delighted. I used to watch that show all the time when I was a kid! Yesterday Susana and I were talking about old TV shows, and since that was fresh in my mind I said, "Hey how about Boomerang!" She gave me the look like, Hmm you crazy dorky friend! I insisted that it was a real show and even called her sister today to ask her...she didn't know it either.

So between Susana's sister and I we did some internet searching and found a website that talks about BOOMERANG...YEAH!!! The reason for my possible craziness? It was a local show in the Seattle area...it wasn't everywhere in the US!! It ran from 1980 to 1984 with some re-runs. Do any of you remember this show?

Another show that I remember (well at least remember watching re-runs) was H R Pufnstuf! Now that was a weird show. Susana and I have come to the conclusion that everyone creating kid's television shows in the 70's was high on something! Have you seen some of this stuff?

To prove it...here is a little bit for you to watch!

2 comments:

Nina said...

I REMEMBER...they used to sing the song Boomerang while standing on blocks of hay and tiwirling around...then something about a boomerang will come back too??? and there was a puppet type character that had a bowl haircut. And if I can remember right, didn't the host lady have a Sandy Duncan look about her???

Hope I'm not showing my old age and a little alzheimer's to boot...

Rachel Ann said...

Thank you! Thank you! I knew others remembered the show...All I really remember is the bales of hay in the beginning and the singing and the puppet! Funny how little those of us who do remember actually remember...it is always the hay bales, the twirling and the one puppet! LOL!!!