Thursday, May 29, 2008

Why do...

....singers of one genre think that they can successfully cross over into another genre of music? Have they conquered the genre that they are in, and are trying to conquer another fan base of listeners? Have they quietly been kicked out of their music scene because they haven't released anything in eons?

I think they do it so that I can blog about it!!

Who am I ranting about?

Darius Rucker

AND

Jessica Simpson

Darius used to be the front man for Hootie and the Blowfish...EXCELLENT group and EXCELLENT music! Don't get me wrong, I think this guy is fantastic. But to go from pop to country? Really? Doesn't really strike my fancy.

And Jessica....oh Jessica! Words fail me sometimes. I know that she initially wanted to be a Christian singer, but was "shot down" because of her looks and such. Then she entered the pop scene where she has had a major career. Now? She just released a country CD!!! Why oh why????

Singers...if you read this (I'm sure that my blog could get into the hands of someone famous!) stay where you are!!!! Glorify God with your voice but don't change genres unless you are ABSOLUTELY 100% sure that it will work and that the listeners will appreciate it!

No comments: