Monday, September 14, 2009

Stop...Don't Drive Around!


Today, my friend Holly and I decided to head over to JoAnn's and Michaels to check out the sales and get some Halloween stuff (side note: we are having a Halloween shindig this year...more about this later!).

Driving around Puyallup right now is a bit difficult as we have the Puyallup Fair going on and there is tons of construction work going on up on the hill. Today we were driving on the south hill going the back way to the stores. As we were coming to a four-way stop there was a huge truck/van stopped in front of us. We couldn't see around the truck and Holly thought they weren't actually doing construction work today. We tried to look around the right side of the truck and couldn't see anything.

So....

Holly decided to drive around the truck so we could go on our merry way.

OMG!!!

As we drove around the truck we saw a man was actually in the truck waiting...

Waiting for what you ask?

Waiting for the construction worker to turn his sign around from Stop to Slow....

Oh Holy Cow!!

It was the funniest, most-embarrassing thing I've been a part of for a long, long time...I was laughing so hard I thought I might pee my pants. And then I didn't want the construction worker to actually see me so I was laughing behind some papers.

Holly actually rolled the window down and explained to the construction worker...he just laughed at us!

So some advice for you:

Please stop behind all vehicles and wait a long time before driving around said vehicle. Thanks Holly for the funny memory!

2 comments:

TEAM SWITZER said...

I am laughing so hard right now that I am getting a side ache. In my defence...I truly thought that the truck was stalled.

Bethany said...

Oh my gosh, lol!! That's the funniest story I've heard in a long time! When I was in Colorado, we had to wait for construction for TWENTY minutes. Not even kidding!!