Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A visit to the Dr.

I haven't been feeling good for close to two weeks now and I'm tired of it!! It started with a cold about two weeks ago; including: sore throat, hurting ears, nasal drainage, etc. That all went away in a few days but left a nasty cough. I have to say I wasn't surprised that a cough appeared as I am very susceptible to bronchial problems and have been my whole life.

A few days ago I noticed additional symptoms that weren't related but pointed to a UTI or bladder infection. Now, I have never had a UTI/Bladder or Kidney infection in all my life. So I kind of ignored those symptoms for a few days.

However, today I decided to go to the walk-in clinic and see what was going on! I have a low grade fever, upper respiratory infection (which the doctor just called the "Puyallup Crud") and my first ever UTI!

Yeah!

How exciting!

NOT!!

Although I do have to say the front desk was very efficient, I didn't have to wait very long (not usually the case at the walk-in clinic) and the doctor was nice and actually examined different things (I have gone in before and just had them talk to me, look in my ears and listen to my chest then say, "Yep, you have a problem"...duh George!).

Have to go pick up my prescription in a bit...hopefully I'll feel better in a few days!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh...Sorry to hear that you are still sick...I pray for a quick recovery! Drink lots and lots of water and fluids....:-)
Love You,
mom

MKD said...

so which walk in clinic did you go to??
just curious because I always have to wait and might need to consider my options here in P-town!

Rachel Ann said...

Marcie...I go to Sound Health and the walk in clinic for them is the Hartline Clinic up on 39th (behind the Arco and local lumber company).

Kelley with Amy's Angels said...

I hope you feel better! I agree, though...sometimes dr's just do a little touch and suddenly you're diagnosed. How about spending a *little* more time? I get it that you're a dr, but really?