Friday, February 15, 2008

Climbing Stairs for Cancer!


The following is an email from my good friend Dan Alexander. Dan (and his family) strive hard every year at different events to raise money for various causes. Dan and his brother Jay climb the Columbia Center Tower stairs in Seattle to raise money for cancer. I received the following email from Dan asking for all that can to help support this great cause! I know all of you in blogger land have your own personal causes and charities but hey, what is another $10 or $20 to a great cause?

PS...I "borrowed" this picture from their contribution site!


Hey Everybody,
Well here we go again...it turns out that there are still kids out there with leukemia and lymphoma and more needs to be done to help improve treatments and find a cure. Amazing progress has been made but we need to keep fighting. I am not a scientist and can't do much on that side, but, I can try to help raise some money to fund the research.
This is my third year climbing the steps of the Columbia Center Tower in Seattle (1,311 steps, one of the tallest buildings west of the Mississippi River). The last two years you have really helped me raise some good bucks for this cause and again I ask you to give.
I am climbing this year with about 10 firefighters from my department and our combined goal is $25,000. Big Huh! It shouldn't be too difficult if everyone is willing to give 10 or 15 bucks. It is really easy to give, click on the link below and you will go to my special website, there you can donate with a credit card and get your tax deductible receipt in like 2 minutes. I know you are asked for money all the time but I ask you to please consider it.

Dan's Contribution Link
You can click on this link to get more info on the Leukemia and Lymphoma society and on the 17 year history of this event. Last year we helped raise like $350,000.
Anyway, I know I don't keep in contact like I should but I appreciate the help. On a personal note, Holly, Josie, Ben and I are doing well. Just trying to get enough sleep and enjoy every moment with our happy and healthy family. Let me know how you are doing.
Thank you,
Dan Alexander

No comments: