Saturday, March 22, 2008

Starbursts and Popcorn

We went to see Horton Hears a Who last night. It was a cute movie. The only part I thought was really cheesy was when they did this whole cartoon (not Pixar type animation, but old school cartoon) portion when Horton was imagining a fight. That was the only part that drew a groan out of me...otherwise...not bad.

However, the greatest part of going to the movies? Well, the kids bought starbursts as their snack and of course we bought popcorn because everyone knows you can't watch a movie in the theater without your hand in a popcorn bag. But have you ever tried the two of them together? Oh, it's like heaven in your mouth!!! First you chew a bit of the starburst (that's the sweet) and then you throw some popcorn in your mouth (that's the salty) and you chew them together!! Oh-la-la!!!

I think I like it so much because it reminded me of eating my Grandma's popcorn balls. Which she makes from a marshmellow creme and jello mix along with the popcorn!

Go on, you know you want to try it! I bet it would work with Skittles too!

2 comments:

Nina said...

Too funny...Bella likes it when I pour M&M's into the popcorn. She must like it for the sweet and sour combo you talk about :O) And I thought she would being silly...

Rachel Ann said...

I guess that Bella and I need to go to a movie together then!!! ;0