Friday, September 15, 2006

It's My BIRTHDAY!!!

Did you know it is my 32nd birthday tomorrow...September 16th? It is!!

I am so grateful that I serve a God who has seen me through so many twists and turns throughout my 32 years. More importantly, I give thanks that God saved my life 32 years ago! Let me tell you how...

....for those of you who don't know, I am adopted! I was adopted at three days old to wonderful parents...Art and Connie! I love my parents. My biological parents were young students and not married. During the time that my biological mother was pregnant with me, the Roe v. Wade trial decisions concerning abortion were placed into affect. Simply said...abortion became legal. I firmly believe that my mother had a choice, and she made a choice for me to have life. I don't know if God spoke to her or she just didn't believe in abortion...but I am here today living and breathing and serving my God.

God placed me in a very loving home...I think I was a bit spoiled by aunts and Grandma Pat as I was the first Granddaughter on my Mom's side. We didn't grow up in a Christian household (we starting attending Christian churches when I was a pre-teen), but once I got ahold of Christianity I stuck with it (although I did go through some very tumultous times in regards to my relationship with God). I was blessed with two sisters...one who is only 8 months younger than me!!! My mom was pregnant while going through my adoption. And my baby sister who is 8 years younger.

I went through a vicous cycle of feeling unwanted, unloved and unworthy because of the rejection I felt from my biological mom; however, God has delivered me from this and I stand here today totally confident in who I am in the Lord. I pray a lot that my biological parents feel no guilt in putting me up for adoption. I pray that they know the Lord, and that somehow they know that I am ok. I want them to know that I support their decision and feel confident that they made the right choice. I don't want them to be plagued with guilt and confusion, but peace!

Do I want to know who they are? There is this part of me that does want to know...I don't want to hurt feelings by pursuing a search, but there is always this part that just wants to know a bit more information. I think that the biggest thing that I would like to know is, who do I look like and take after? Growing up with my sisters, I definitely don't fit the mold of our family. I don't look anything like anyone, but I still feel as a part of my family. I just want to know..."where do my distinctive looking blue eyes come from?" "who has the red hair in my family?" "where are my family roots from?" I think I also want to meet my biological parents just so that I can tell them that God gave me a wonderful family...a Mom, a Dad, two sisters and a relationship with Jesus Christ.

Are they thinking about me tomorrow? Only God knows...but I hope they do, and I hope the feel as if they made the right decision. I do know who is thinking about me though...and that is my Mom Connie!! Even though I don't say it enough...I Love You! Thanks for being my Mom!


PS...Happy Birthday to James (Marcie's husband) as well...his birthday is the same day

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
I am so blessed to have a best friend like you and am so grateful for all the laughs and fun times, especially the ones that come around when I need them the most!

By the way have you noticed any threes and twos chasing you around lately?

Rachel Ann said...

Ha Ha...very funny! Thanks for being my best friend....even though we live so far away, I feel like we know exactly what's happening in each other's lives. Thank God for cell phones with long distance plans!!!!

Rachel Ann said...

Susana....

...I really think you need to start a blog!!!!!!