Monday, September 18, 2006

My Weekend!

I had a wonderful Birthday! And unlike a friend of mine (um...Shannon Kapp) I have no problem getting older. Yeah! I'm 32! "Let's give 'em something to talk about...she's 32"!

Even though I saw none of family...which was really sad!, I still had a great weekend. Started off by going to see Wynonna in concert, like I said earlier she was absolute magnificent.

Saturday morning (my actual birthday) Barb, Charlie and I went out to breakfast at Mrs. Turner's in Puyallup (Barb and Charlie are the wonderful people who let me stay with them)...it was yummy! Then we headed up to Macy's to do a little shopping. WoW~I have a new respect for Macy's. I always just thought of them as expensive...which they are...however, when you get in on their 50% off clearance and the days that they do 40% off on top of that you get some great deals. I got the cutest skirt and matching shirt set (brown with colored flowers) for only $26!! And a pair of Alfani Capris for less than $10 (originally $80...who pays $80 for Capris?). It was fun shopping...I haven't been in forever as I seldom have extra money.

Then I went out to dinner with my friends Holly & Rodney (and Carter..he's a cute 2 year old) and Barb & Charlie to the Old Spaghetti Factory in Tacoma. Amazing how a plate of noodles with Mizithra cheese can tast so good! That is the only thing I ever get from OSF...ask Susana I think that is what I got in Nashville too!

Then we went and saw the movie "Invincible" with Mark Wahlberg....great movie. I definitely recommend this one to everyone. It was a great movie because it focused on a lot of the supporting characters and how they were feeling and what they were gong through instead of just focusing on the main character. Plus the fact that the backside of Mark Wahlberg is lookin' mighty fine these days! :)

Then it was back to usual life on Sunday....I had to work 10am to 10pm...long day. Our Masters Commission is headed up to Moclips (Ocean Shores area) with our 2nd year students on Thursday for a couple of days...so we will get a nice little break this weekend!

Thanks to all who sent me birthday wishes...it was great!

No comments: