Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Ocean

Last Thursday our MC staff took our second year students (we have six this year) up to Moclips, WA...which is just above Pacific Beach (somewhat close to Ocean Shores). We start our second year students off we a retreat every year to relax, build relationships and get before God as we go into a new season of MC.

Thursday night Shannon gave a great teaching, and God showed up dealing with hearts and giving a new refreshing of the Holy Spirit. It was wonderful to just have the opportunity to get close to God!!


On Friday we went over to Westport and set sail on a three hour tour...on board a tall ship the "Hawaiin Chieftain". Yes we sailed a tall ship in Grays Harbor. All the mates on board wore somewhat authentic clothing and were great sailors, climbing the masts and everything. Quite a few people helped with the ropes and rigging...I got to hold onto a rope for a brief moment...don't think I was actually helping with anything though!!!

We then had dinner out, went back to the house we rented sat by the fire and worshipped...we got to sing "Amazing Grace" to the accompianment of bagpipes!! We then had smores and finished the night by playing MAFIA! If you have never played Mafia...you should it is great fun!

Everyone went home Saturday except myself and one family...we just hung out and relaxed. Went down to the beach and I got to fly a kite (and not the kind I used to get in my Easter basket every year). It was a blast....then I walked into the water for a bit. Cold water!!

This is me just hanging out on the beach. Isn't it amazing how the Bible says that he holds the oceans in the palm of his hands? It just seems so unfathomable, because to our mind the oceans are so huge!

1 comment:

Cagle Clan said...

This post made me really miss MC. One of my favorite memories ever was our end of the year retreat..it was SO wonderful..this post reminded me of it.
I would love to get involved with MC again somehow...I still REALLY believe in it.
I could come and share on "what not to do after MC"!!!! :)