Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend

WOW!! The sun was out, I was with family and I had an absolute fantastic weekend....as long as I don't think about the traffic I sat in going over to Moses Lake on Friday afternoon and coming home Monday! I drove over to my sister's house on Friday after school for a long weekend away. On Saturday we drove over to my grandparent's house, about an hour and a half away, for a barbeque and surprise 75th birthday party for my Grandma Pat! It was nice to see aunts, uncles, cousins...and all their kids....again. Some I had just seen recently, and others I hadn't seen for a few years. We were expecting my cousin Cory and his wife Kasey to be there; however, their new son Miles Douglas decided he needed to be born on Friday!!!

On Sunday we went to the fair...or should I say local carnival. It was set up in the field behind the middle school and had about 18 rides total, along with a few carnival games. Then across the street were some booths set up with food and your typical stuff to buy at fairs. Even though there didn't seem to be much Brittany, Maddy and Mason managed to stay for at least six hours having fun going on the rides over and over and over and over...STOP!!! Mason like the huge Super Slide the best. I found a spot on a bench and let him have at it. He would get the needed blanket, walk up the huge set of stairs, get situated at the top and then came on down. Then he would walk over to the attendant have his blanket folded up and do it all over again. Each time we stopped at the Super Slide he would go about 10--15 times...hey, he had fun! The girls, or should I say Maddy, really liked the Zipper...she managed to get Brittany on it at least 4 times...just thinking about it makes me want to puke!! We finally left when I was overcome with cold and dirtiness...the wind was whipping hard and making the dirt fly everywhere...my hair, my eyes, my clothes, my mouth....UGH!!!

Monday we just chilled out for a few hours before I headed out the door! Maddy once again tried hiding my suitcase and purse in hopes that I wouldn't be able to leave. She makes me so sad when I visit because she starts crying and makes me want to cry....so hard to leave her sometimes! However, after more than 15 minutes I start to get mad because she refuses to give up the hiding spot of my purse...then I have to go on a hunt...not a lot of fun! But hey, I might get to see her again this weekend, they might come over to visit my nephew Josh.

So how was your weekend?! I hope you got to spend some time in the sun and with family! And remembering why we actually celebrate on Monday, Memorial Day! Thank you men and women who serve, have served and will someday serve in our armed forces. I am a firm believer in our military and believe the President made the right choice to go to war. Men and women who lay their lives on the line every day for me and you are truly heroes that go unnoticed. Thank you and God Bless You. I pray safety for each and every one serving in the Middle East and around the world.

No comments: