Monday, June 11, 2007

Graduation Pictures

This is my dear friend Bethany! I love this girl. She is a precious gem, who loves to talk and is about as random as me if not more so.

Bethany was chosen by her fellow students to be the class speaker this year. For someone who was nervous going up, she knocked it over the wall and out of the ballbark! Way to go Bethany!


This is a so-so picture of all the first year students after receiving their certificates! They are a great group of 17 young men and women...although the men are greatly out numbered...I think we have six! Yikes! Congratulations and Way to Go! I know that we will see pastors, teachers, womens ministers, youth ministers, great moms and dads!!


These are our second year students!

This is our new MC Director Andrew Gard. He is a great guy, and has great vision for this program. Andrew is a graduate of Northwest University, and is married to a sweet lady-Christina. He made the transition from our last director, Shannon, to him very smooth! Watch out, you are going to see great things from him!


This is our senior pastor, Roger Archer. Roger is one of the greatest pastors I have ever known. He is honest, he is hilariously funny, he loves to sing show tunes (and actually knows all the words to them...hmmm, maybe that is a bit weird!), he regularly shows clips of Jim Carrey's movie Liar Liar, and he preaches the Word like a man on Fire. I have totally enjoyed being under his leadership the last six years or so!

4 comments:

MKD said...

Yay! thanks for the pics since I couldn't go!!
James said it was great & bethany made him tear up! Isn't that awesome!
PS. D moved out the NEXT day. I guess he couldnt' wait to leave! HAHA

Potts Family 5 said...

Hey Rachel - I'm blog surfing again and wanted to pop in on you. It looks like you are doing well and keeping really busy! I remember that life. Just wanted to say "hi".

Rachel Ann said...

Marcie

All the students were "encouraged" to move out fairly quickly so as to not become an issue. I asked him if he was going to live with you guys next year, and he said he'd like to if you weren't wanting a first year. He REALLY loved living in your house!!!!

Holly--I'm kind of sad, as this is the end of MC for me for awhile. Since we are starting a new church in CA, we don't have any internship program! I've enjoyed it while it was a part of my life!

Rachel

MKD said...

I was totally kidding!! (although dont' tell D that because I'll totally razz him about it since thats what we do!)
I hope we can host another student next year, each year is so new and different.
Although if Chipo needs a room, they'll have to move out! :)