Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Happy Birthday Mom


Mom,


Happy Birthday to a wonderful mother! You know when you are going through difficult situations you don't always see God's hand right away. I know that on your birthday 34 years ago you were preparing for the birth of your first child. A few weeks later she was gone...and I'm sure that it felt like the world was coming to an end. However, God gave me to you one year later, and He would not have been able to do that if circumstances were different. I'm glad that I am one of those children who were handpicked to be part of a family! God definitely placed me with you and Dad for a reason.


You are the one who helped guide my footsteps towards God. Remember when our family stopped going to Catholic church (I'm sure your in-laws and parents thought you guys jumped off the deep end and took your precious innocent children on a road leading straight to hell!), and then you started visiting all sorts of churches? Who was always with you? Me!! And we visited some strange little churches.....then you decided that your children were going to be a part of the youth group whether they wanted to or not so you invited the pastor to have youth group at our house!!!!


We've yelled at each other, you've chased me around the house with a wooden spoon, you've grounded me, you've tried to wash my mouth out with soap....but you've always been there for me, Shannon and Camille.

I hope you have a fantastic birthday!!!!


Love
Rachel Ann


PS....are you ok with me telling your friends that I am your oldest daughter at almost 33?!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rachel~ Just doing my random checking out of your blog...
I remember youth group at your house! Where is George? I haven't heard about him in years. I saw Bob and Miki a couple of weeks ago at Sarah Fiske's wedding (that made me feel old!:-)) They are going to LCC, although it is called something else.
Your mom looks great! I will have to show this blog to my mom.
:-) Jodi

Rachel Ann said...

Hi Jodi!!

George...man I haven't seen him in years!!! He was an odd man.

I saw Bob and Miki a few years ago when they came to my church...Mike was coming to my church then.

Sarah Fiske got married? OMG...time flies....I still see them as little kids but I guess she is the same age as my baby sister! If you see the Fiske's again, tell them I said Hello.

Rachel