Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Good Morning Baltimore!

Meet the cool kids of Baltimore and the host of the Corny Collins Show....Corny Collins! Yep, I have a new favorite movie....Hairspray!

Ok, so I went and saw this movie on its opening night...Friday, with my sister, Maddy and Mason (although Mason didn't let me sister watch much of the movie). And it was in Moses Lake, WA, that I secretly fell in love with Zac Efron...cutie patootie from High School Musical who plays Link! I liked it so much that I went and bought the soundtrack on Saturday and have been listening to it in my car since then!

Really, though if I have to like someone a bit closer in age to me....I would have to say that I also think James Marsden who plays Corny Collins, the host of the local dance show, is pretty darn good looking too....and he can sing and dance as well! Such talented people!

Really though...how much do I love this show? Well, I went and saw it again tonight with Holly, Rodney and Shirley (Holly's Grandma)....again...it was fantastic. Newcomer Nikki Blonsky, who plays Tracy Turnblad is hilarious as is John Travolta who plays her mom Edna. Actors from the original movie are in it as well....Jerry Stiller and Rikki Lake (The original Tracy Turnblad). You have to go see this movie...you will dance out of the theater.

I've been telling my best friend Susana for years that I think life should just be one big musical. I would love to sing and dance through the day (although I have a difficult time remembering the words to songs!)....maybe someday I'll have the chance to be in a "real life" type musical. Until then I think I'll go listen to my soundtrack and pretend that I'm the next regular on the Corny Collins Show!

1 comment:

MKD said...

I loved the original Hairspray and can't wait to see the new one! course I love musicals so of course I'll love it!!