Thursday, July 12, 2007

I'm a bad car owner....

...if there was a CPS for car owners someone probably would have turned me in yesterday! Ugh.....I had some tealight candles, in their plastic box inside of a large envelope....they melted through everything and onto my front passenger seat! They are the kind of tealights that are really oily so not much scraped up once it hardened overnight! Even worse, is the overwhelming smell of candles....UGH!!!! Anyone have any ideas on how to melted candle out of the upholstery of your car?

4 comments:

MKD said...

OH NO!
only way I know how to remove candles like that is from Carpet..are your seats leather? Ican't remember..I think they were.
Oh Man rachel that sucks big time.

Rachel Ann said...

Yeah it does suck...no they aren't leather...upholestry. However, my Mom did a little research for me and told me about Goo Gone...so as soon as I can today I am going to go get some and see how it works!

Cagle Clan said...

I know on carpet you put a towel over the wax and then run a hot iron over the towel and it picks up the wax or makes it easy to remove.

MKD said...

I do taht one too Jess, but instead of a towel you use a paper sack, that way it soaks the oil better. (well, technically I learned that trick from teh Queen of Clean! she's actually someone w/ that name. Its a great book!)