Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Superbowl Ad Contest

HUMPTULIPS RIVER!!!
Remember this picture I took and posted around the fourth of July! Well, I used it to enter a contest over at fuelmyblog, and guess what I'm a top ten finalist! What is the prize? Oh a trip to LA to see a Superbowl Ad filmed with the MyBowlAd guys, and I you get to be in it as well (like I know so much about the Superbowl...although I do miss those beer frog commercials). So even though I don't know much about the actual superbowl, I am an entertainment freak and relish watching commercials during the Superbowl....like I said the frogs! How bout the Clyesdale Horses! I want my 15 seconds of FAME!
So, I'm supposed to say WHY I need, er, um want to be in a SuperBowl Ad:
1. I am hysterically funny and would add great humor to any event
2. My laugh can be heard a mile away...that means I'm funny
3. I'm a quick learner...you can give me directions and I'll follow immediately :)
4. I want to be the envy of all my guy friends who are avid SuperBowl fanatics
5. I've always known I was destined to be on TV is some form or fashion
6. Don't you think I'd be great on TV....do you see a pattern here?!?
7. I've always wanted to hear those words, "Lights, Camera, Action"
8. I might come close to Matthew McConaughey down in LA...a girl can always dream!
9. Glory
10. My "Humptulips River" sign is damn funny!!!

Anyway....I've been thinking of how this picture got me into the finals. Seriously, how funny is it to be driving down the road and see a sign that says "Humptulips River" it's enough to give you a heart attack or cause a car accident because you are laughing so hard. Or give you naughty thoughts about what happens in this river....and why is it that the tulips are humping (did I say that out loud!)...you would think it would be the fish or other marine life! Or it just might make you pee your pants...because at 32 I am obviously mature enough to handle this sign!!! And would you really want to eat anything that was caught from the humptulips? Yeah, I'm thinking not. As a scrapbooker....a fishing page from the HUMPTULIPS would look great in the family photo album! Man oh man, Washington State has some funny names of places.

Anyway...when I know the final details on how you can go vote for me to win I'll let you know!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you were on TV I could finally say I know someone famous!!! But please whatever you do, don't let your fame go to your head and learn from the mistakes of Brittney, Lindsay and Paris...I don't want to see Rachel added to that infamous list!(Unless, of course, I'm in on the party too!)

Smartie said...

Hi there! I'm one of the other finalists, just dropping by to say GOOD LUCK! :) I think your photo is a scream! If only they had ten prizes, right?