Monday, July 16, 2007

Mason

I was on my way to Moses Lake yesterday to visit my family and got a phone call that my 3 year old nephew Mason was attacked by a dog and in the emergency room. The Moses Lake ER sent him home last night and we went in to the Pediatrician today who immediately sent him to Sacred Heart in Spokane to be admitted! He is going to be looked at in the next hour or so. What they are most worried about is his eye. The dog bit him on top of the head, the shoulder and right above his eye. Right now, his eye is swollen shut and they are worried about the damage to the eye. Please pray that the eye is safe and that his recovery is quick. He is in good spirits...except that he keeps yelling at us to go home!

I'll keep you posted!

8:05 pm...update....Mason was looked at by the opthamologist who said everything looked fine! He still have to stay in the hospital a few days to make sure that infection doesn't set in. Him and I just finished walking around the ped floor for awhile with his IV stand "Lichenstein"...where he came up with that name I'm not sure! Thanks for everyone who has prayed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel,
I'm so glad to hear that Mason will be ok! He's one tough little guy. Lichenstien, huh, do you think he's watched A Knights Tale with his Auntie Rachel one too many times? Maybe he thinks the IV pole his own lance. I keep paying for a speedy recovery. I'll call you later,
Susana

MKD said...

OMG RAch! i'm so glad that he's doing better, how scary though.
I hope he doesn't get a horrible fear of dogs now from all this.
Either way I'm glad his eye was not effected for life.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY TO SEE THE UPDATE IS GOOD NEWS. THANKS- NATALIE