Thursday, November 08, 2007

Started

So, I submitted my first task for my new term of school. I am on the go...well, not really, just getting started. It feels good to have an assignment done with...now I just wait for it to be graded and see if it passed or if I need to revise it and resubmit it. My current class is "Testing"...basically all the ins and outs of assessment in the classroom. How to assess and how not to assess....how to be non-biased when writing assessments....how to write a rubric for a writing project...etc, etc. I only have a few assignments for this class, but lots of reading...which I've been doing slowly but surely.

The next class is the one I'm not really looking forward to...I don't even remember what it is called, but it has like 15 assignments and they look kinda hard! UGH!!! Remind me again why I decided going back to school was such a good idea????

Tootles....I'm off to work (after lunch).

3 comments:

Nina said...

Are you taking courses online or at a particular school? How will all of that work with the move?

Rachel Ann said...

Nina--

I am enrolled at Western Governors University. It is an accredited online program for people looking to get their BA, Masters or Teaching Certification in Math, Social Science or Science (they offer a few other things as well). I've actually been enrolled since April, so it is quite convenient as I move back and forth between WA and CA and back again! The only time I have to stay put is when I student teach next year!!! The big PLUS??? It is REALLY, REALLY CHEAP!

Nina said...

Oooh, I get it now :O) That's perfect than!