Sunday, November 11, 2007

Thank You!

I know it is kind of late in the day...

...however, I want to say thank you to all the men and women who currently serve, who have served and who will one day serve our country in the military. Thank you to all the families who have sent loved ones off to war, and a deep heartfelt appreciation to those who served during times of war and strife. My thoughts and prayers are with those families who had loved ones...brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers, aunts, uncles, and friends....go off to war and not make it back home. I pray that you know your soldier died serving his or her country in the most honorable of ways. I know that pat words aren't enough, but I am truly an American who appreciates every single person who puts their life on the line each and every day that I might be able to walk outside my door and not be afraid of someone hiding behind a bush with a gun. That I have the freedom to vote for which candidate I feel is the most responsible for leading my country. That I have the freedom to worship a God whom I have a personal relationship with, not a "god" who tells me that killing myself for my country is my ticket to eternal peace in heaven. Thank you for being our military men and women of honor.

Secondly, I want to thank our President. I know he gets a lot of crap for taking us into war and for keeping our troops overseas; however, do any of us have the nerve to be the final ultimatum for an ENTIRE country? Do we have the guts to be responsible? Do we only speak out negatively and never take action? Do we think we could do a better job? I believe with all that is in me, that God placed George W. Bush in office for "such a time as this", and until his time is up I will support him and the place he has in our country. I challenge you to think about the hard decisions he has to make on a daily basis...decisions that would make some of cringe, make some of us dread going to work and some of us simply break down in discouragement. Think instead of the good decisions he has made and the lives he has touched.

Thank to all the soldiers who are members of the Army, Air Force, Marines, Navy, Coast Guard, National Guard (and any others that I missed)...fully enlisted or in the reserves...thank you for your service and dedication. May God Bless you now, keep you safe and blessed in the days and years to come.

2 comments:

Nina said...

Have you been sitting in on my conversations with my Father-in-Law? What you said about the President is exactly what I told him. Whether you like the President or not...you should respect the position and decisions he has to make and with facts that we are not always privy to for safety and/or strategic reasons. I am also proud to be an American and VERY thankful for our President and Military people for providing a country in which I can have the freedoms you spoke of and I wouldn't want to be in a country that didn't defend themselves against people coming and doing harm to our American Citizens. So THANK YOU to the Veterans who fought for our country in the past, and the current Troops fighting today and for future freedoms!

Monica said...

Well said! You go girl~