Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Shopping for Health Insurance



Sitting in the lunch room today at school I overheard conversations about health insurance. How expensive they were, how certain family members weren't covered on each spouses insurance, and how some people have gone years without health insurance due to the rising cost of insurance each month. This is a subject near and dear to my heart, since I am one of those individuals who hasn't had insurance for years. I haven't had jobs were I've qualified for quite some time, and I haven't been able to afford regular insurance out of my pocket. This become a real life issue for me this year when I had to go to the ER for an acute asthma attack. Thankfully, I was issued a charity waiver; however, I need insurance and I need it an affordable price.

This website VIMO allows me to search for comparative health insurance prices all at the leisure of my home. I simply put in my zip code and it brings up a list of insurance possibilities from groups such as Group Health and KPS. It gives the deduction amount and then allows me to get a quote. What a fast easy way to compare different insurance companies and their plans offered side by side. It also lets me search for doctors and dentists in my local area as well as give a review about my doctor. This is a great tool for me, as my doctor is in Kirkland and I need to find a new local doctor. Hopefully, I'll be able to find an affordable health insurance through this site.

No comments: