Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Weddings, Weddings, Weddings

Wow! Everywhere I look people are getting married! My good friend Holly got married on September 2nd, and it was an absolutely gorgeous wedding. She is not very traditional (which I am)...in the sense that she didn't have the aisle runner, candle lighters, veil over the face...etc, etc. However, her wedding was one of the best weddings I've ever been to. Personal cakes on all the tables, a candy table, and an italian soda bar versus punch out of a bowl!! Amazing!

Every girl dreams of her wedding day, and I am no different. No, I don't have a prospective husband, but a girl can dream right? (And pray!) So...I was just looking around at different weddings and such and came to this weddings site which has topics on your honeymoon, wedding traditions, ceremony, reception and so much more.

I found the Bridal Party Tradition page quite interesting. Did you know bridesmaids used to all wear white like the bride? Why? To ward off any evil spirits that might be around....hmmm...

I also liked the article about Wedding Rings....do you go traditional with just a diamond and a wedding band? Or do you go more contemporary? My dream set includes a diamond with two sapphires inset on either side. I have told myself over and over that I would only ever have a gold set; however, I am seeing more and more white gold and platinum, and I am starting to like the look of the non-traditional wedding band set. I guess I have some options to tell my future husband about! The Wedding Etiquette page is also helpful....do you invite children (always YES in my book...kids are the basis of fun, laughter, and life....and 99% of the time some cute laugh is going to happen during a wedding because of a child either in the wedding party or at the reception).....do you have to buy a gift for everyone in your wedding party (I think it is appropriate....and fun! Doesn't have to be expensive, but from the heart).

So many more wonderful articles are on the site from tips on buying the right dress (which is probably the most important...because all eyes are on you that day), quotes and poems for your vows, do you hire a consultant, honeymoon/transportation tips....and much, much more.

Is there anyone out there that is planning a wedding? Enter for $50,000 towards your Dream Wedding...imagine what you could do with $50,000 to plan your wedding. Gorgeous dress, catered dinner for all, cake, honeymoon....a wedding fit for a princess! Wow!

No comments: