Monday, March 26, 2007

The Still Small Voice of God

The whispers of God are so faint sometimes that I think that I'm not really hearing Him. However, when my heart starts beating a bit faster and I can thinking about the subject or you just know that you know that you are supposed to do something.....that for me is the still small voice of God.

And it sometimes seems to be the most simplest activity that He wants me to do.....I don't know how it is going to affect me but I do know that I am faithful.

I was at church today and a letter from a gentlemen in our church was up on the board. Now, I know this person but I wouldn't go as far as to say we friends or anything. Along with the letter was his address. My thoughts were, "Good for you, I hope someone writes you back....but it won't be me!" Well, lo and behold God starting speaking and saying, "Yes, Rachel I want you to write this young man." Me God???? Are you sure? I don't even like him. Yes, my daughter I want to speak through you to him. Well, it took a bit of convincing, but I went directly to the store bought a card, wrote him a note of encouragement and mailed it off. He should have it in just a few days.

Is this something that is going to make a big difference in the years to come? I honestly don't know. But I do know that I was faithful, and God wanted him to hear something. I hope that I conveyed what God wanted said.

In all this, I encourage you to stop and listen to the small whisper of God. He doesn't stand on the mountaintop and yell His direction to everyone. He doesn't take out the front page of the newspaper to tell you something. He whispers to you, and you can hear that whisper when you are in direct relationship to Him. Thank you Lord, for your voice talking to me. Thank you for pushing me out of my comfort zone today and sending that card. I pray that your hand would be on that envelope as it makes it way to its intended receipent, and that he would know you love him with all your heart.

No comments: