Friday, September 14, 2007

PKD Walk

I just wanted to share with you an email that I received from my friend Dan Alexander today. He and his family are participating in the PKD walk this Sunday, September 16th. I want to challenge all of you to help contribute to this cause...I donated $20....will anyone else match that? Rachel

Hey everybody!
I sent out an email some weeks ago about a fund raising walk for PKD (Polycystic Kidney Disease). Well, the walk is this Sunday the 16th!!!
A few of you have donated already and I just want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! You have been very generous!
If you haven't yet donated I ask that you please consider it. If you gave just 10 or 15 bucks it would really start to add up. And you know, this isn't some random disease that I am raising money for because I am a firefighter...this disease is something I have, my dad has, both brothers have and our kids are probably going to have it too. It will lead to dialysis and kidney transplant and there is no cure...yet. All you have to do is click on the following link, read more about PKD and the Foundation and put a couple bucks on your credit card. You even get a tax deductible receipt. (if you don't like the credit card idea you could always just send me a check made out to "PKD Foundation" and we could do it that way)
Thank you in advance for you thoughtful gift and hopefully a cure will be found soon.
Love,
Dan Alexander

No comments: