Friday, September 07, 2007

What a Good Parent I am

My poor Sadie...she got some scratches on her and I kind of freaked out!! I have to park in a shopping parking lot every day for work and of course there are shopping carts. Come on people how hard is to take your shopping cart and either put it in the proper shopping cart return or back to the store? No....must be way too hard....and obviously when those carts aren't returned they drift through the parking lot. And I personally think that when no one is looking the free carts roll through the lot looking for BRAND NEW BLACK CARS to scratch up against!!! So the earlier in the week I came out to a nasty scratch on the drivers side...ICK! And then a few days ago I was running errands and turning into a lot, had to stop for the person in front of me and then I felt a "BUMP"...yep some guy tapped my back bumper. Now there wasn't any damage, no dents or such, however, it scratched the back bumper!! UGH!! What is up with the scratches?

So, being the overprotective and slightly anal owner of a two-month old BRAND NEW car, I took it into Saturn and had the scratches buffed out and fixed. I did it this morning...and she looks beautiful again (this probably has to do more with the fact that they washed my car!). The scratches on the back you can't even see. The scratch on the side is pretty much gone...it was fairly deep so it couldn't come out completely. I know once I've had my car for a few years that I won't be going into the dealer and having scratches removed, but I just couldn't handle it right now!

3 comments:

MKD said...

I'm so glad that Sadie is all fixed up & pretty....I put a BIG dent in my front bumper when it was less then 5 months old by hitting a fire hydrant (don't ask)

Nina said...

I have had two black cars and I am feeling your pain :O) I am just glad you got the scratches out, I wasn't so lucky...

TEAM SWITZER said...

Good job mommy Rachel! I did the same thing with one of my Saturn's ...I LOVE Saturn!