Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Goodbye Party


My friends Shannon and Liz and their children are leaving today for San Diego! They are moving down there to start a new church in the Oceanside/Carlsbad area. Last night we went to Paradise Bowling in Parkland to have a little going away party. Lots of people showed up and it was quite funny to watch some of them bowl! My favorites are those who feel as if they move their body one direction then the ball will somehow follow! I'm not sure that they understand the physics of bowling! :) Even Shannon, on crutches from his recent knee surgery, bowled! I just went to hang out and chat, and I got to hold cute little Brooklyn for awhile (she's eight months or so)! **This is Shannon dancing with Pastor Christopher in Malaysia a few years ago!**


It was nice knowing that it wasn't a tearful goodbye, because I will be seeing them in just a few months! But I do pray traveling mercies and safety as they begin their drive down to San Diego today! Blessings on you and your family!

2 comments:

MKD said...

I was wondering why the picture showed him dancing!!

Rachel Ann said...

Um, Christopher has this song that he sings and that is how he dances! He does it every time we go to visit him. Not that it is, but it almost seems like a bird dance! :)