Thursday, April 19, 2007

Happy Birthday Grandma!


Happy Birthday Grandma! This is my Grandma Pat (along with my sister Camille), and she is celebrating a milestone birthday! Today, Friday April, 20th is her 75th Birthday! Although if yo ask her she will tell you she is only 57!
My Grandma is one of those grandmas that everyone loves. She bakes lots of goodies (they have dessert almost every night), she sews lots of fun gifts (I still have dolls and jewelry boxes she has made me), she drags out pictures for you to look out even if you've seen them a hundred times, she kisses you on the lips (yep, kinda embarrasing sometimes, but you know you love it!), she gave me my first bath (now that creates a special bond!)....and she is just full of love! This woman never slows down either! She has taken on a lot of responsibility with my Grandpa's health including his dialysis every other night. Plus she STILL gets asked to paint houses and such around town (Hello, she is retired even though she doesn't remember that little detail).
This Grandma is definitely hand picked by God as a very special woman. I couldn't have asked for a better Grandma than her! Plus, I share her middle name: Ann...so you know she is cool! I figured I'd give you a picture of her and Camille as they have birthdays only a few days apart. My Uncle Kevin's birthday is in just a few short days as well (he is my Grandma & Grandpa's baby!)....he is also celebrating a monumental birthday...#50....Happy Birthday Uncle Kevin.

2 comments:

MKD said...

If this is a recent picture of your grandma she looks GREAT! You're grandma does sound like the "textbook" one!! You are one lucky lady & a smart one to know when she's got a good thing!

Rachel Ann said...

That picture is probably two years old...so not new...BUT she still looks like that! She is one top-notch Grandma!