Monday, April 09, 2007

Grandma and Grandpa's House

I had all last week off (gotta love those school breaks), so I headed over to Eastern Washington to visit my Grandpa Shorty and Grandma Pat. I love them so much! They are the best grandparents a girl could ask for.

I flew over on Monday and my Aunt Colleen picked me up from the airport. I had a nice visit with her, and my cousin Kendra and her two kids (Kennedy and Dawson) came over for a visit. I hadn't seen them since last year....it was good to see them again.

The rest of the week was spent eating good Grandma cooking and just hanging out around the house. I did cut the grass one day, and helped them lift a few things that were too heavy for them. I also experienced my Grandpa's dialysis treatments...he has been pretty sick the last few years. He has dialysis every other night. It isn't too hard for him, but it is fairly hard for my Grandma...she starts getting everything ready about 7pm, and he doesn't usually get hooked up until 10pm...so it is about 3 hours of preparation.

We went into town one day for doctor's visit, so I was able to visit some more family...my Auntie Helen, cousins Davey and Melanie (brother and sister) and their various children.

All in all, it was a good Spring Break. How was yours?

No comments: