Friday, April 13, 2007

Have you ever done something stupid???

Ugh, I totally missed out on working today and it is all my fault. As a substitute teacher, I am basically on-call, and my phone usually starts ringing about 5:15am (nice and early!). I didn't think I was going to get called today because they highschools had half a day, and we are just back from Spring Break (although I did work the rest of the week).

So anyway, I woke up about 20 minutes ago, thinking, "Bummer, no work." Then I turned over in bed to grab my phone and see what time it is, and lo and behold I have missed calls and a text.

MISSED CALLS????? FROM WHO??????

So I look through my call history....school called twice this morning in the 6 o'clock hour. So why didn't I hear them? Oh crap, I had my phone on vibrate last night because we went to a movie and I forgot to turn the vibrate off and the volume up before going to bed.

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!!!!!!

So needless to say, I have today off. It's not terrible (although payday will be a bit tight), but accumulating actual days of work is crucial at this point as we get bonuses this year for amount of days worked! I'm shooting for the $500 bonus, which means I have to work most of the rest of the year!

No comments: