Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Provisional Acceptance

Well, I'm officially a Graduate Student! Well, kinda....technically there are a few loose ends to tie up before I can be called a matriculated student (does that sound scary to anyone else?) I start classes on May 1st! I am studying for my Masters in Teacher Education in Social Sciences with Teacher Certification. Who knew that it was going to take so long to finally get all my schooling finished.

So what do I have to look forward to?

1. More school loans (like I didn't have enough all ready!)
2. Actual studying that needs to be done
3. Reviewing history lessons (social science is mostly history)
4. Taking a CA State History course and an Introduction to Micros/Macros at a local community college in CA
5. No sleep!!!
6. Student Teaching
7. Papers to write
8. A THESIS to write (that surely is scary)
9. Taking the CSET exams once finishing school (these are the CA state exams for those who want to be history teachers)
10. Did I mention NO SLEEP (and probably NO MONEY)!

Doesn't this just make you want to run out and become a college student again?!!?

1 comment:

MKD said...

Wow~congrats!!!
Its offical now! How cool is that?! yeah, I'm in no hurry to go back to be honest, but let's face it to get anywhere these days half the time you have to have some formal education!