Friday, October 05, 2007

Isn't God good?

So I've met a new friend simply through this blog...her name is Nina! **Shout out to Nina**

The thing is that Nina and I attended the same church for a few years and yet never once met each other. I know that sounds terrible, but in our defense it is a church of over 2,000 with 3 services every weekend. It is a bit hard to know every single person at the church. Nina started a blog: A Day in the Life...and it is fun to read. In her entry into blogville she came across my blog, noticed that I had our church listed as a link and left me a comment, and emailed me. Since then we have left comments on each other's blogs and emailed quite a bit back and forth. I still haven't met her as I am now living in California, but she is one of those people I feel like I have known forever. She is a blast to communicate with, and I know that when we get the opportunity to actually met we will enjoy one another's company!

All that to say this: God is Good! If he has someone for you to meet, and it is purposed by Him then circumstances will allow you to meet each other. Awesome that Nina and I are meeting one another and we know that we will meet for sure in Heaven if not before (Nina, I surely am shooting for the before!)....but think of this: what about all those people that God brings your way to meet, become friends with...maybe co-workers, other moms, bosses, the bank teller, the PTA, or whoever....do you have the firm knowledge that once you meet them here on Earth that you are going to meet them again in Heaven? A simple word may be all they need to know that God loves them and cares for them. A simple invitation to church may be all they have waiting for days, months or even years....a gesture that shows that someone cares for them. How bout a smile? How bout an invitation to a peer group, Bible study, a school study group. How about a random comment on someone's blog!

We as human beings crave physical relationship with people...those that tell you they don't are lying and not in touch with reality. Those that don't see their relationships prosper in a healthy manner find unhealthy ways to achieve what they are looking for. I just wanted to let you know how important it is to hear the voice of God when meeting new people, re-establishing relationships with old friends and simply being available to those who need God!

Matthew 28:19-20 "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

1 comment:

Nina said...

Amen Sister! Sorry I haven't been on in a while...my computer decided to catch a virus. Ugh...but the I am back! :O)